Hello collegues!

as some forum collegues told me, it is a good idea to use a
Supercapacitor (5,5V / 1F) instead of new NiMH memory battery.
I soldered this cap instead the battery, let it "charge" couple of
minutes and tried after couple of hours to switch on.
Gues what? Now my NEC PC-8210A can be switched on even without any
Power Source. No main batteries, no ac adapter.

Of course i'm pretty sure it wouldn't last long, but its funny.
I have no idea, how "healthy" such Supercap is for the Hardware made in
1983....

I will be thankfull for your stories and advices here...

Thanks

--
Kind regards /
Mit freundlichen Grüßen