From: _ Comet <co...@yahoo.com>
To: "m100@lists.bitchin100.com" <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>,
        "m...@bitchin100.com" <m...@bitchin100.com>
Subject: Re: [M100] Joystick for the M100

https://ftp.whtech.com/club100/doc/p100-9002.pdf

Article on adding a serial mouse to Model 100 in February 1990 Portable 100.
--------
Comet

    On Sunday, January 10, 2021, 03:06:26 PM PST, Hiraghm <hira...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

 I have two Gravis Stinger joypads, (which are still available new on Amazon).
<https://www.amazon.com/Gravis-G43011-Stinger-Laptop-Game/dp/B00000K4TR>

The thing about the Stinger is that it was designed to connect to the serial
port, not the game port. Its purpose was to give laptop owners the ability to
play games with joysticks on laptops with no gameport. They're very small, but
they work okay.
At one time I wanted to write joystick drives for them for Irix to use with my
O2; alas, I failed and no longer have my beloved O2.

I do, however, have example source code for a driver under linux... if I can
find it.
It should work as a basis for writing a "driver" for the M100. At least info on
how to talk to them.

Just checked; there's some info on gravis stinger joystick drivers for linux on
the internet, too.
Again, I think they can be adapted for the M100

 ?Here's also an article on using an arduino to convert a regular joystick to a
serial joystick, in linux.
<https://github.com/mcgurk/Linux-Arduino-Serial-Joystick>
I don't know if it can be adapted to work with the M100 or not.

I'd be equally interested in a way to adapt a serial mouse or preferably
trackball or trackpad to work with the M100.

Would it be possible to adapt an Atari style joystick to the barcode port?
Sounds to me like the method suggested for the parallel port would work for the
barcode port. Or maybe a PC style joystick could be adapted to work with the
cassette port? :D