Something Charles Hudson mentioned about his DMP105 yesterday led me to ask
this question:

Has anyone had any good experiences with non-OEM or re-inked printer
ribbons from companies like ribbonsunlimited.com?

I've cleaned and repaired a DMP110 that came with some old Radio Shack
ribbons.  The old ribbons still worked and print evenly, but they are dry
and print very light.  The 3rd party ribbons I've tried print very
unevenly.  A band of dark followed by light followed by dark.  And the
print quality from these ribbons seems rough, even by dot matrix standards.

Jerry