I don't know why the drives in an MSD can't be replaced with 'standard'
360k drives but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the DVI; I've
replaced the original drives with standard PC-compatible 5 1/4" DD drives
and even with 3.5" DD and HD types (although of course the capacity remains
180k regardless of the drive used).