On 8/27/21 3:48 PM, Lloyd Johnson wrote:
It sounds like you had/have a very interesting job.   Signal processing was an
area that I had an interest in when pursuing my masters (which I did not
receive until 1995 - 20 years after my bachelors).   Shortly after getting my
MSEE, I transferred from Seattle to Houston to work on a NASA contract as a
software test engineer for the International Space Station.  I didn't really
use my electronics background too much at work after that.    This was okay
since I really loved working with NASA on the space station.

We just recently became a sub to a company that won a their 2nd phase contract (prototype) with NASA for a communication system on NASA's Moon base project. Their plan is to use our 64GS/s converters, meaning if they were to win the final phase contract in late 2023 time-frame, our chips could one day end up on far side of the Moon!

Maybe in my production version of that chip I should embed a complete Model 100 system to control the frequency hopping or something :)

The work you do for the Model 100 Users Group is greatly appreciated.  I have
found the information at www.club100.org to be extremely helpful.

Thanks, though the past couple of years I haven't really had time to do all that much except keep the "lights on and sweep the floors" as Rick Hanson would have put it.

Ken