Hello to all of you,

I have a small practical question, which will be my first on this list. I quickly looked in the archives but found nothing about this. I hope to knock on the right door.

What is the best method to whiten the yellowed plastic of a Model 100 without damaging the screen or sanding (=smoothing) the relief or erasing the inscriptions? I found several possibilities on the internet. One of them is to rub the material with a baking soda paste. But the one time I tried this, the matte plastic turned shiny. I considered dipping the case and keyboard keys in household vinegar, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't affect anything else. I also imagined bathing the yellowed parts in hydrogen peroxide, but this product is very expensive in Switzerland.

Thanks in advance; kind regards,

Jamil Alioui
(Lausanne, Switzerland)