The first things to do when troubleshooting any M100 problem is to
check that the power supply is functional. There are test points on
the board that indicate "Vee" which is the negative 5v supply.

The slides from my TASM 2019 talk go into a lot of detail on this:

https://www.vintageboot.net/2019/09/tandy-assembly-talk-m100-repairs/