-------- Original message --------From: Justin Poirier <gen.ele...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/4/22  8:42 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: m...@bitchin100.com Subject: Re: [M100]
Robotics projects with the M100 Gordon McComb wrote “The Robot Builder’s
Bonanza” starting back in the ‘80s and has updated it fairly regularly. It
started with CMOS and TTL circuits, and interfacing them with Apple II, Model
100, IBM PC/AT machines, etc. He’s updated it through the years to include
Arduino, wifi controllers, etc. Hit the interwebs and look for the ‘80s and 90s
versions. They’re packed full of circuits for Model 100 interfacing, and a lot
of mechanical ideas for walking robots, mechanical arms, fire suppression
ideas, all kinds of things. They’re a great series of books and I’ve used ideas
in them for all kinds of other projects along the way.—JustinOn Jul 3, 2022, at
6:42 PM, Brian White <b.kenyo...@gmail.com> wrote:There are TWO people with
these robots???Haha that does make the most sense since it fits. It's a
different situation with the M100 because although there is room for a normal
socket (not zif) with a dip chip in it, the pinout is non-standard, and there
is no room for a socket plus a pinout adaper with it's own socket. Plus there
are old commercial roms and new accessories like REX that only fit in the
original socket with the original pinout that you want to remain compatible
with.-- bkwOn Sun, Jul 3, 2022, 5:45 PM Scott McDonnell
<mcdonnell.j...@comcast.net> wrote:Yes that was me. I ordered the boards and
the 3D printed parts, but I ended up just installing a ZIF socket in both of my
RB5X robots as that was more convenient both for programming the parts and
using them. After I had disassembled the robot, I realized that the footprint
for the custom molex socket was compatible with a regular DIP socket and the
cutout in the panel was big enough for a ZIF socket.A friend did use your 3D
printed DIP adapter without any issue since he did not want to modify his
robot.Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 16:53:09 -0400From: Brian White
<b.kenyo...@gmail.com>To: m100@bitchin100.comSubject: Re: [M100] Robotics
projects with the M100Hello! Was it you that I spoke with a few times about the
28-pin version ofthe Molex carrier and eeprom adapter pcb? How did you ever
make out withthat? Did you try it and did it work? I couldn't actually test it
myself soI was worried there could be some trivial mistake.-- bkw