I’m just getting back into my PC8201A after a very long hiatus.  It boots up
and everything works just fine in Bank #1.  A few sticky keys that need to be
cleaned.  I ordered and installed the Rex# rom from Stephen Adolph and it works
(thanks Stephen!).

The issue I’m facing is that I can’t get to Bank #2.  It’s installed (Stephen
confirmed from a picture in a private email exchange).  I’ve repeatedly tried a
cold-start to access it with no luck.  According to the manual, the cold-start
for Bank #2 is:

==================
This type of Cold Start is performed in the MENU mode. The steps for the Cold
Start of Bank# 2 are performed while displaying Bank # 1, and the steps for the
Cold Start of Bank# 3 are performed while displaying Bank # 2. The two steps of
the Cold Start must be performed one right after the other, with no time lapse
between the two. The SHIFT Key is kept depressed during both steps:
1. Press the f.5 Function Key while keeping the SHIFT Key depressed. The screen
will clear for an instant at this time.

2. Press the CTRL Key immediately after pressing the f.5 Function Key, while
the SHIFT Key remains depressed and the screen is clear.

This process will not work if the SHIFT Key is released before step 2 is
completed. The screen clears instantly after step 1, and step 2 must be
performed during the instant that the screen is cleared, before a new screen is
displayed.”

Any ideas on what else to be trying/checking/doing would be appreciated.

Best,

Mark