> On Oct 21, 2022, at 10:32 PM, r Gi <rgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am repeatedly getting a DS ERROR most of the time when I try to load a
> program. It happens a short time after starting the upload. Any help would be
> appreciated

Nearly all of the DS ERRORs I have received while reading BASIC programs over
serial have been victims of formatting errors.  There are many on the internet,
particularly in the CompuServ archive, that have been line wrapped.  I've run
into this with programs OCRed from books as well.

Just as if you were typing the program, hitting Enter too early and then
continuing to type would execute a direct statement.  Doing so is not allowed
while you're LOADing.  That's what happened to me while loading these various
files.

Fixing the line wrapping solves the issue.