Interesting Georg ! On my "french" (as in from France) M200 the keyboard is
stock with azerty keys. When you say you patched your ROM, did you patch the 32
or 8KB ROM for the key mappings ? Did you lose the modem functionality (I guess
so)- by using virtualT's ROM ? Have you considered (or maybe you don't need it)
to make a hybrid rom by copy pasting the modem block out of your original ROM ?
Le 2022-11-13 18:30, Georg Käter <georg.kae...@gk-engineering-services.de> a
écrit : > Hello together, > > > > > > I own a M200 "German/EU Version" (Art.Nr.
26-3860H) w/modem, for German market it was delivered with set of keyboard > >
> > caps and a data tape including driver for keyboard and printer. I tried
this in VirtualT and it seems to work so far. To run REX > > > > on my M200 I
replaced original ROM by ROM from VirtualT patched to serve german keyboard
mapping. > > > > For your reference I´ve added original ROM files and files
from tape for your reference. > > > > > > > > Regards > > > > Georg > > > > >
Georg Käter > Gangolfsweg 44 > D-52076 Aachen > Tel. : +49 2408 7194987 > Fax.
: +49 2408 7196758 > Mobil : +49 171 4839954 > E-Mail : > >
georg.kae...@gk-engineering-services.de
(mailto:georg.kae...@gk-engineering-services.de) > > ========== Ihre Nachricht
========================================== > > von : Cedric Amand
<ced...@cedric.net> > gesendet : Sonntag, 13. November 2022, 15:37 > an :
m...@bitchin100.com > Betreff : [M100] custom key mapping generator for Tandy
200 > > __________ Originalnachricht _______________________________________ >
? It makes no sense. It really prevents you from using the option rom socket. >
> > > The docs does not talk about removing it. > > > > > > > > And even if you
could remove it ; the installation procedure of that ROM is not easy at all,
requires to type two "calls" with the freaking keyboard inverted. > > > > OK -
us nerds 40 years later can do it easily, just type "CQLL", but imagine
explaining that to a random journalist in 1984 ?! > > > > Especially as the
french doc (which I happen to have) says to type "CALL" not CQLL. > > > > > > >
> I also wonder if other markets are affected by this plague, > > > > If anyone
here lives in germany and owns a qwertz (or other keyboard variant) of the M200
: do you have a "stock option ROM" as well ? > > > > > > > > I also wish to
thank Stephen publicly for the time he invested into helping me, as indeed, you
can't use an option ROM (and even less a REX#) in those non-qwerty M200s, and I
think this research might help some other people at some stage (this hobby is
booming right ? :) ) > > > > > > > > We're (and I am) in the process of
replacing the main rom + 8KB rom with a 27C512 flashed with a custom "native
Azerty" firmware > > > > Which should free up to option socket, for a REX# > >
we'll see if I get there. > > > > I've also been experimenting in the past with
custom firmware for the my M102 for different reasons. > > > > I'm a "modem"
nerd and I have all the equipment (PABX, etc) to make voice calls between my
vintage laptops - so it's important for me to have my modems work. This
required a custom firmware to make my M102 work, with modem, with a REX#. ( OK
I think this kind of stuff is only relevant to me this time :) :) > > > > > > >
to make the main rom natively azerty to match the hardware, free up the option
rom slot for normal use, without otherwise changing the main rom so that it
becomes incompatible with application software? I guess you might even be able
to make a dvorak version and move the keycaps around? > > > > > > > > > > > >
I'm just trying to imagine the sales pitch for that azerty 200 that needs the
option rom, thus preventing the use of any other option rom (or at least making
it pretty inconvenient by having to swap them on every reset I guess?) > > > >
with no modem and no option rom but you can still pay full price please." > > >
Sun, Nov 13, 2022, 8:28 AM Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com
(mailto:twospru...@gmail.com)> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > hi
folks, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thought I would share this work. It is a
spreadsheet for computing the keyboard table in the T200 so you can make native
custom keyboards for T200. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Why? > > > > > > > >
The AZERTY keyboard in Europe was accommodated using an option ROM that kinda
hacked the keyboard. Keystrokes get intercepted and corrected to be AZERTY even
though the main ROM is set up for QWERTY. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > An
alternative is to have the main rom directly support AZERTY. > > > > > > > > To
do this, there are 6 keyboard mapping tables that start at 9763h. Each table
are 44 bytes long. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This spreadsheet lets you
assign the ascii codes for each of the 44 affected keys, for all 6 tables.
(unshifted, shifted, GRAPH, shift GRAPH, CODE, Shift CODE). > > > > > > > > > >
that certain needed functions are present. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Once
you make the correct keyboard mapping, the spreadsheet provides the 6x44 bytes
in assembly compatible form, so you can compile and patch the tables with a hex
editor. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This approach could be used for other
machines also. > > > > > > > > Note - the AZERTY keyboard did NOT modify the
actual character set, so that is out of scope. Of course it is possible to
patch the main ROM to change the bitmaps as well. Not handled by this
spreadsheet. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Comments welcome. > > > > > > > >
Steve > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
__________ Ende Originalnachricht __________________________________ > >
Vertraulichkeitsinformation: > Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Die
Informationen dieser Nachricht sind ausschließlich für die persönliche > und
vertrauliche Verwendung durch den/die oben genannten Empfänger bestimmt. Wenn
Sie kein beabsichtigter > Empfänger sind, bitte lesen, kopieren und verwenden
Sie die Nachricht nicht. Machen Sie sie nicht anderen > zugänglich. Bitte
informieren Sie uns umgehend über den Zustellfehler und senden Sie die
Originalnachricht > per E-Mail an uns zurück. > > Confidentiality Notice: >
This message is confidential. The information contained in this message is
intended only for the personal > and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not > read, copy, or
use it and do not disclose it to others. Please inform us immediately of the
delivery error > and return the original message to us via e-mail.