> On Feb 24, 2023, at 7:55 AM, Brian K. White <bw.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dl2 makes the most sense if I didn't care about the "dl" part. It says what
> it is and what to expect correctly and succinctly.

You are not obligated to take end user expectation into the equation here,
however the end user is mostly just doing the same thing they've done with
dlplus all along: grab some source, make it, run more or less the same command.

Many cool new features have accreted, adding some new options although some are
transparent goodness.  Bootstrap capabilities have blossomed.  The end user
experience, though, is pretty dlplus-(plus plus et al)-ish and it's not totally
unreasonable to consider that in fork naming.

Do as you like, of course, the project is a boon to the community no matter the
name!