From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of grima...@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2023 7:19 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] - Backpack

Random question - Does a BASIC program already exist to interface with the
Backpack to set the clock?

I find myself having to Cold start the machine often, but this handy Backpack
has a real time clock in it.

Would be great to run a quick program that interfaces with the Backpack over
serial, issues the TIME, DATE and DAY commands, queries the current system time
and date, calculates the delta and then resets the system clock.

I started to write the program in BASIC, but I admit I don’t know much about
serial communication. I managed to open the COM buffer for output, send the
four CR to wake it. However, I then PRINT “TIME”+chr$(13) after that, close the
buffer, reopen it for input and then try to get the result.

However I only end up with:

#

As if the second PRINT never went through.

So rather than continue to rack my brain, I figured I’d ask if it already
exists.

-George

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 4:44 PM Mike Stein <mhs.st...@gmail.com