"you would only have tokenized files on the M100 itself"

Or cassette files, tpdd files, xmodem'd BA files tsdos sending to desklink,
etc. ;-)

But I think I know what you mean. It is mostly a closed system until you
start transferring to a foreign host. Then you can stub your toe on this
problem.

One question is, could it have been solved on the tsdos side? I guess not.
IIRC the distinguishing characteristics are at the end of a proper
tokenized file versus text file since there are nuls (or not).

If you're going to detect it and take steps it has to happen on the host.

Which is where I addressed it in LaddieAlpha.

Even there, there are multiple ways to do it. I fix the presented
extension. Another way would be to hide the bad file or give an error on
open or read.

-- John.