Yes, I’ve printed to a TP-10 thermal printer, which runs I believe at 600 baud.

However, I did so directly using BASIC.  In theory I could just as easily write a basic program to send a document to the printer.  However, this was not as easy as printing directly from the text writer program, as that supports a parallel printer only I believe.

One thing on my TODO list is to see if I can intercept that print routine and write my own handler to write to the serial port directly from the text editor program.

I wrote up my experience on the serial printer here:

Sent from my iPhone