I think the 128K or RAM is a typo and should only be 128 bytes. Looking at page 97 (set the data to drive's memory) and page 89 (get the data from the drive's memory), there is only enough room to request 125 bytes at a time.

Also from my disassembly of the TPDD1 ROM and the very similar architecture (same CPU and RAM and CPLD), there is only 128 bytes of scratch ram.

Darren Clark