I've just updated the confluence document (hopefully for the last time)
to work around an issue.

Artifact POMs now have the form:

/groupId/artifactId-version.pom

instead of:

/groupId/artifactId-version.jar.pom

This was necessary, as otherwise you would only ever be able to inherit
from a pom which had packaging=pom (generally a good practice anyway),
otherwise you'd not be able to find it as no type is specified in <parent/>.

This is now more consistent (the POM always has the same filename), and
you can still find the POM for the JAR easily.

It means that you cannot have two different projects with the same group
ID and artifact ID, but different packaging. I think this is reasonable
- I've never seen a use case for it. The commonly given TLD thing is
covered because it should have the same POM as the JAR it sprang from -
so the ids can be the same.

Anyway, check the document and let me know if there are any issues. This
is actually how it had inadvertently been implemented so it will save
some work :)

- Brett