Hi there,

I'm continuing asking newbie-coming-from-m1 questions... :-)

I find the following a bit strange:

  <build>
    <scriptSourceDirectory>src/main/scripts</scriptSourceDirectory>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>src/main/scripts</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>
  </build>

I would have thought that everything in m2 would be plugins and that you
would need to use the

<plugins>
  <plugin>
    <id>xxxx...
    <configuration>

notation to configure everything. Thus I would have thought that the <build>
element would have disappeared altogether.

What if you want to add a new source directory type, say aspects. Are you
going to change the model and add:

<aspectSourceDirectory>?

What if a new source type appears after m2 is released?

What about the src/main/webapp? Is there also a <webappSourceDirectory>
element? If not, why would there be a scriptSourceDirectory or an
aspectSourceDirectory and not a webappSourceDirectory? (I know the level of
genericity is different but I'm playing the devil's advocate here)

I think it feels awkward to give more important to some source types than
others and it seems unbalanced.

What have I not understood? ;-)

Thanks
-Vincent