More sad news indeed. Sorry to here about John. He was
an irregular correspondent of mine and I always seemed
to get his Memorys via Robin Crozier. I will try and
find one for my mail art blog.

http://a1mailart.blogspot.com/

Michael

--- Guido Vermeulen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

---------------------------------
Thanks Geert,

More upsetting news reached me this weekend.
John Upton, an English mail artist who lived in
Scotland near Glasgow, died
on September 29.

I am so sad. John was a real teacher to me. It was the
first foreign mail
artist I met in person in 1994.
I visited him again in 1996, accompanied by Marilyn
Dammann.
Now both of them are dancing on the clouds.

I'll inform you all when the service for John will
happen, so we can
remember him at the same time. I intend also to write
a memory piece
because there are a lot of great stories to tell about
John Upton.
2005 is really a lousy year. I don't stop saying
goodbye to people.
The news killed a bit the joy I felt this week after
meeting K.Frank Jensen
from Denmark. He was in Brussels and we spent 2 great
evenings together
talking on life, our common interests and the mail art
network fo course.

Postal Greetings,

Guido Vermeulen
http://groups.msn.com/POPOPEINT/guidovermeulenartiste.msnw

Memorial BLOG
http://shadowtributes.blogspot.com

BLOG on artist books and small print publications
http://boklist.blogspot.com

FRIOUR zine blog(s):
http://Friour1.blogspot.com

" If everyone demanded peace instead of another
television set, then
there'd be peace."

   -  John Lennon -