I think perhaps that we have a problem with terminology. Gallery vs
museum. My wild ponderings are on setting up a spot where mail art
could be shown on a permanent basis. I think this would be a really
neat thing to see. I did mention that paying the rent would be an
issue and thus a spot would be set aside for selling my art. My
monotypes and digital art. Again, not mail art. In my mind the word
makes sense-gallery. A museum to me means m ore like artifacts,
cultural examples, and yes art. Museum sounds so serious. Who knows.
Does gallery imply that all within is for sale while in a museum it
is not?

  Long ago when I first encountered mail art it was through a
magazine called Rubberstampmaddess. I entered the stream via hand
made rubberstamp cards and soon had a few pals that I sent things
back and forth to. But we all petered out. It was not until around
1992 that I entered the mail art stream again in earnest. I was lucky
to have found a forum online and got in touch with many folks through
the internet. I was very lucky then to have "met" arto posto who
kindly sent me a box jam packed with mail art that I was to enjoy and
then send on to another person. What a great way to see all the
variety in mail art, to have a hands on experience. Sadly in my world
these days I don't have a network of friends in my town to share our
mail art with. I have the internet to see what folks have sent to
this call and that but not hands on except of course which comes to
me via the mail.

  I think a place that had on display all kinds of mail art would be
a treat to see. I imagine different areas of interest, post cards,
atcs, artistamps, etc and the wonderful items that challenge the post
office.

  But hey, this is a dream, a fantasy, who knows if I will be able to
do this. I do hope that it is clear to you all that I have no
intention of selling mail art. Enough said....

Dragonfly Dream
www.dragonflydream.com

  "Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much,
much better."
             -- Laurie Anderson

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka
http://www.sztuka-fabryka.be/

Network storage Network management Network performance management
Network security Network performance Network switch

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS