I think it's terrific to be honest about your reaction
to mail art received!  It's how you develop a network
that feeds your creativity.  I love getting the
unexpected, but if I didn't, I wouldn't respond to the
people who sent me stuff I didn't like.  They go away
pretty quickly if they don't get a response--just like
I would.  Mail art isn't about obligation and tit for
tat...it's about sharing the stuff you do.  Creating
is the big rush, making a contact that appreciates it
and sends you something fabulous is the bonus.  And
how you respond is gravy.  and so it goes.

In my opinion, of course.  (Which is just as good as
yours and everybody elses...)

!
ex posto facto

http://mail.yahoo.com