I'd like to suggest that people who put out mail art
calls, and people who pass on mail art calls, consider
posting the calls not only on mail art lists, but
extend to people outside the mail art network.

One can post calls on general artists lists. One can
involve children. One can send specific calls to
interest groups; such as peace mail art calls could go
to political activists.

This all should be obvious, and perhaps some/many of
you already do this.

Also, when writing a call, it could be good to word
the call in a way that is friendly to someone new to
mail art. Don't use abbreviations. Explain what you
mean. Instead of "doc to every 10" write: "A
documentary zine including the art recieved will be
sent to every 10 participants"  or something of the
like.

A lot of people, and a lot of artists, don't know what
mail art is. How can we complain, "mail art is dying"
and such, if we are not reaching out to others? Mail
art is a great way to involve people who are isolated
and have no particiaption in art.

What do you think? What other ideas do you have?

- Tamara

Tamara Wyndham

http://www.tamarawyndham.com

"I contradict myself? Very well, then: I contradict myself. I am large; I
contain multitudes."
-- Walt Whitman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka