On May 25, 2007, at 9:39 AM, tamarawyndham wrote:

What should children be sheltered from? Are children always the real reason that art is
censored?

So much of the time children are sheltered from sex, but not from violent imagery.

You know from what I've seen children are pretty quick to find what we try and shelter them from. Shoot, back when I was about 13 or so there was a tv show on cable called Midnight Blue. It was pure sex. I was fascinated. My mother had no idea I'd found such a thing, she probably also had no idea such a thing even existed. Then sometime later while we were renting a house on Martha's Vineyard I found a stack of Penthouse magazine under the bed....

The kids in our would now have internet to browse, and movies, heck, sex is everywhere...

Now my question recently to a friend was how does one define erotica? Our society seems to be rather sheltered itself from sexuality and erotica. Other cultures walk around naked, "worship" the phallus, and make love in public. Us? Nope, sex is feared. As for me, I'll keep it in the bedroom, after all we do have kids with us now and then.......

Dragonfly Dream
www.dragonflydream.com

gotta mail art call to post?
go here- http://htmlgear.tripod.com/guest/control.guest? a=sign&u=dragonflydream&i=2&r=