Hello Kevin

On 27 Jul 2011, at 22:27, Kevin Barry wrote:

You'd have to go back a few years to get one that couldn't.

Not really. There are quite a few members using 2007 MacBooks I think. In
actual fact we are one of them. Our mid-2007 MacBook won't handle 8GB of RAM.
In fact I'm not sure it will even handle 4. That's our only machine that has
2GB of RAM in it. All the rest have 4 and in 1, (soon to be 2) cases, 8GB.

4GB certainly makes a difference over 2; although I have to confess that in
non-graphical applications I can't see a great deal of difference between 4 and
8. I'm sure there are some, I just haven't used them.

Lynne

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: