Hello Bryan and Douglas,

My guess is that Douglas is referring to the "Documents 2 Free (Spreadsheet,
Text Edit, Preview, Email, Wi-Fi)" app by Savvy Soda:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-2-free-spreadsheet/id314894105?mt=8
Note that there is a number in "Documents 2" by Savvy Soda, and there is,
indeed, a free version (linked above, with the full name as it appears in the
iTunes App Store) as well as a paid version for $1.99.

Bryan's reference is either to "Documents To Go® - Office Suite" by DataViz,
Inc:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-to-go-office-suite/id317117961?mt=8
or to their premium version, "Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite" by
DataViz, Inc.:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-to-go-premium-office/id317107309?mt=8
This is a full Office Suite that is meant to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
PDF, and iWork files and currently lists for $9.99 or $16.99 for the premium
version.  Like all the apps in the App Store for doing high level creation and
editing work with Microsoft Office files, this app has major accessibility
problems with VoiceOver which the developer has not responded to.

Please note the difference in name (with the number "2" for "Documents 2") and
price.  I find it easier to always add the developer's name (Savvy Soda vs.
DataViz) to avoid confusion.  A number of people who hear about the
accessibility of "Documents 2" confuse it with the "Documents To Go® - Office
Suite" by DataViz, Inc., read the detailed description of all the things the
latter app is supposed to do, and get burned on the purchase when they suddenly
find that the app is largely not accessible to VoiceOver and that they cannot
get a satisfactory response from the developer about any future plans to
address these issues.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther

On Jul 30, 2011, at 08:38, Bryan Jones wrote:

> Hello Douglas,
>
> Would you mind verifying the name of that App? The App named Documents to Go
> does not allow VO to read the body of any document, although some other parts
> of the App's interface are accessible.
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan
>
> On Jul 30, 2011, at 1:59 PM, douglas rudolph wrote:
>> there is an app called documents to go i beleive it was, i just have the
>> free one, and you can do word txt files and excel type spread sheets. it is
>> totally accessible, and will only go to your computer when you do a ftp file
>> share witht he app..:D

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: