Evening all,

Ok I'm no expert when it comes to Time machine.  My usual backup strategy
doesn't actually rely on an automated system such as time machine, but rather
uses documents stored in a Subversion repository.  However, for reasons far to
boring to go into, I used Time machine to back up an old iMac of mine about a
year ago.  This backup is on an external drive which I want to now use for
something else.

So, I want to take off all documents, and other files, store them on my Macbook
pro then format the external disk.  I presume this is feasible?  In other words
I'm essentially moving documents from an old iMac, through Time MAchine to my
MacBook Pro?  The reason, incidentally that I don't just copy the docs and
other files from the iMac to the external hd and thence to my Macbook Pro (or
indeed copy them from one to another using a crossover ethernet) is that the
old iMac has been formatted many times since as it's become sort of our lab's
generic development/user-testing machine.

Thanks much,

Dónal
Dónal Fitzpatrick
dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: