Hello everybody

This is something which we here use all the time, but others may not be aware
of it. So I thought I would bring it to the attention of the group as it could
save some work later if, like ours, your dock is heavily populated.

Did you know that there is an operating system shortcut for rearranging the
sequence of items in your dock? We prefer to keep everything arranged
alphabetically; just, I guess, because we're fussy about organisation and that
goes for everything in our lives including our house. Anyway, I digress. The
key combination "Option+Left/Right-Arrow" will allow you to move items in your
dock into a sequence that you prefer. For example, if you have two items which
both begin with the letters "S A", you can use either the VoiceOver shortcut
"Control+Option+D" or the OS shortcut "Control+F3" to bring up the dock, then
type in the first two letters of your item. But if the first one in sequence
isn't the one you most frequently use, it can be annoying to have to move to
the second one. So why not just move the item using the above shortcut, so that
it;s first in your list?

To do this, highlight the item you want to move and, to move it up the list,
use "Option+Left Arrow". To move the item down the list, use "Option+Right
Arrow". We prefer to store the dock in alphabetical sequence, so that we know
exactly where to look. Just as we know where everything is on our hard drive
because we store things in logical places with logical names.

I just thought I'd share that, since it's something which we use a lot and
which others may not know about. It's one of the most useful OS shortcuts in
our opinion. Sure; i personally could drag and drop the items using the
trackpad; but that's not the point. I always try to use Voiceover as frequently
as I can so that I'm reasonably up on accessibility issues.

Lynne

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: