Hi Zack, John, Paul and All,

<I'm starting this as a new thread because I have a related question but didn't
want to hijack Paul's original thread.>

Has anyone tried merging 2 folders using just the commands in Lion? One of the
things I like most about MoveAddict is it's intelligent and flexible behavior
when merging folders that contain files and subfolders with duplicate names. I
gave this a quick test using Lion's Command+C and Command+Option+V to attempt
to merge two folders of the same name that contained a mix of different and
same-named files. While Lion presented a warning dialog telling me a folder of
the same name already exists, when I chose to continue it did not merge, just
seems to have blown away the target folder and files and replaced it with the
source. I did the usual digging for answers but didn't yet find any Lion
command that would perform a move and merge in one stroke as MoveAddict does so
well.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Bryan

On Aug 3, 2011, at 3:04 PM, John Panarese wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Zachary Kline wrote:
> I'm puzzled, as I've never had those files "disappear" after a Lion reboot.
> THe feature has always worked as described for me, and I've actually removed
> Move Addict as unnecessary myself.

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: