Hi Jim,

I'm not on Lion, but usually your login options are kept locked.  Is there a
button that might be labeled something like "Click the lock to make changes?"
that you can navigate to and click?  An authentication window should appear
prompting you for your Admin password.  Then try setting up the login options
for your account.  The pop up button for "Automatic login" and the check box
for "Use VoiceOver in the login window" should be undimmed.  When you're
finished, you can VO-Space on the "Click the lock to prevent further changes"
button to lock things again.

Hope things are working well now for you.  Incidentally, it seems that with the
newer Mac Mini servers that come with both Lion server and Lion preloaded, you
don't have to go through the complicated upgrade path you faced in order to
just use the new Man Mini with Lion.

Cheers,

Esther

On Aug 3, 2011, at 13:28, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

> Hey Lynne:
>
> Sorry to be such a pain but though I found where I can turn on Voiceover at
> the logon screen or log in automaticly, those items are unavailable to me.
>
> Any ideas?  I must have something turned on or off.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith"
> <ly...@mac-access.net>

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: