Hello Colin,

I will try this approach again, but I am not optimistic.  I think I will
encounter the problem whenever I want to enter information for a brand-new
contact.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't an alternative third-party product for
the Mac that would integrate seamlessly with the Address Book, once contacts
were entered.  I have developed a very high regard for the accessibility of
native Mac programs, so the flaky nature of the Address Book and VO is
surprising.

Take care, Colin,

Mike