Hello Paul,

I'm glad the "Super Remove Dead Tracks" script worked for you, but I'm sorry
that you had difficulty navigating to the download link.  When I am on the web
page for a specific AppleScript at the "AppleScripts for iTunes" site, I simply
navigate to the heading for the script and then read the description.  The two
links for "download" and "read me pdf" immediately follow the description, so I
navigate to them using right arrow (with QuickNav on) or VO-Right arrow in
succession.  Usually I'll first pass the "download" link and activate the "read
me pdf" link (by pressing up and down arrows simultaneously with QuickNav on,
or by using VO-Space) to bring up the description and check whether there are
any more details of interest about how the script operates.  Then I'll close
the window with the "read me pdf" description (since I have Safari configured
to open new links in new windows instead of new tabs) and left arrow (or
VO-left arrow without QuickNav) to the "download" link a
 nd activate it.  I don't usually bother to read through the instructions under
the heading for "download & install" any more.

I also have, courtesy of one of the earlier AppleScripts for iTunes
distribution, and " Open Scripts Folder" AppleScript.  (The name actually has a
blank space at the beginning so that it will show up at the beginning of the
alphabetically ordered menu.)  Its contents look like this (just 4 lines that
you can paste into the AppleScript Editor):

tell application "Finder"
        open folder (((path to library folder from user domain) &
"iTunes:Scripts") as string)
        activate
end tell

So when I want to navigate to my account Library's Scripts folder for iTunes,
in Finder, I can go to the first menu entry for "Scripts" on my iTunes menu bar
and find " Open Scripts Folder", which is simply the AppleScript that I listed
above, located in my ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts folder.  Selecting that will open
a Finder window pointing to this folder.  Then when I want to paste in a new
AppleScript for iTunes, I just copy it from the installation window, switch
Finder windows with Command-comma to the one pointing to the
~/Library/iTunes/Scripts folder, and paste in the app.  I then eject the dmg
file for the AppleScript, and send both the .zip file and .dmg file in my
Downloads folder to the Trash.

The AppleScripts for iTunes site was a big help when iTunes was transitioning
in accessibility.  A lot of the functions that we originally wanted to use were
accessible as AppleScripts.  It also turned out that a lot of features that
general users wanted to be added to iTunes first showed up as AppleScripts on
this site.  In fact, at one time Doug had a "Missing Menu Commands" page that
listed AppleScripts for features that were so useful that he thought they
should be incorporated into the base iTunes.  (Most of them eventually were
adopted, which is why there is no longer a separate page with that title.)
There are also apps for cleaning up duplicate entries (like "Corral all
Dupes"), but if that situation has really gotten out of hand, there is a heavy
duty paid version of the app called "Dupin" ($15). There's also a "Dupin Lite"
app ($7.99 instead of $15) if you only want to identify and delete the
duplicate tracks (false links), instead of also managing them (i.e., also
  clean up and consolidate multiple real entries for the same track in your
library).

However, a lot of the extensive list of donationware AppleScripts, which make
up most of the site's entries, are also very good.  Main site address of the
AppleScripts for iTunes web site is:
http://dougscripts.com/

Cheers,

Esther