Hello everybody; especially our Take Control fans

If you've ever misplaced a file on your Mac and despaired of locating it again,
we have a find for you: Sharon Zardetto's latest title, "Take Control of
Spotlight for Finding Anything on Your Mac." The 158-page ebook is now
available for just £2.41 GBP from Mac Access Dot Net.

Join Sharon as she explores the hidden depths of Spotlight searching, one of
Mac OS X's most powerful yet least explained features. No matter how carefully
you organise files and folders on your Mac, it's easy to lose important items.
With Sharon's help, you can aim Apple's Spotlight quickly and precisely, and
stop rummaging around in the darkness of your disk.

After Sharon explains how Spotlight indexes your data and the "grammar" behind
Spotlight searches, you'll examine the many ways you can start Spotlight
searches: the magnifying glass in the menu bar, the search field in Finder
windows or the Open and Save dialogs, a keyboard shortcut, a contextual menu,
or customized and saved searches you've made for yourself.

Then it's on to learning how to find exactly what you're looking for using
keyword searches, multiple-criteria searches, Boolean searches, and more. And
here's where you'll learn the most valuable lesson about Spotlight, which Apple
has never fully explained, which is how to search directly using Spotlight's
internal search language, making even complex searches quick and easy.

Remember, searches aren't just about finding lost files, they're also useful
for selecting a set of matching files to work on. For instance, we've used
Spotlight to identify which photos in a folder are small thumbnails or which of
our ebooks lack a certain phrase. You can even do things like find every
GarageBand song in the key of E-flat.

You'll learn these search-related techniques:

* Improve search accuracy by limiting Spotlight to searching just where you
want.
* Reduce result clutter by choosing which categories should appear in the
Spotlight menu.
* Learn what to do when the Spotlight menu doesn't list an item that it should
be able to find.
* Use criteria bars (and even the elusive Boolean bars!) to create complex
search queries.
* Bypass criteria bars by typing complex, powerful queries in any Spotlight
search field.
* Build Boolean searches with AND, OR, and NOT to narrow your search results
precisely.

In addition, you'll find out how to make your files even easier to find with
these techniques:

* Customise a file's metadata.
* Employ free third-party utilities to give your files useful, searchable tags.
* Set up sophisticated smart folders that provide dynamic file organization.

In these days of terabyte drives, your Mac has enormous storage capacity, and
you may have many thousands of files squirreled away (we don't even want to
admit to how many hundreds of thousands of files are filling up our disks!).
But with the Spotlight expertise you'll gain from this ebook, you'll be able to
retrieve anything on your Mac, no matter how deeply it's buried or how specific
you need to make your search.

Although there's something in this ebook for all Mac users, including novices
and power users, we were particularly pleased to learn more about typing
complex search queries, making us faster and more fluid with our Macs than ever
before! So, whether you've hardly realized that there's a fancy search engine
in your Mac or you know it's there but have yet to harness its full power, get
started with "Take Control of Spotlight for Finding Anything on Your Mac" today.

If you are interested, we can expedite your orders right away.

Lynne