First of all let me say hello to the list.

I am a brand new user to the mac. I own a mac pro laptop now and I have so many
questions.

For starters I need help or have a question about a script I heard about.

I heard that there is a script for telling the time and date as well as for
unread emails.
One shortcut key supposedly is cmd + t and cmd +u.

I do not see those scripts on my system and don't understand where to get it or
how to use it if I have it.

Can someone tell me what I need to do or how I can activate that script or for
that matter if I in fact have that script.

I know I will ask a lot of questions and I apologize up front.

I have read a ton of help files and such and well there is so much to learn. I
am usually a or was a windows user for many years so this is a change.

Oh yes, can someone tell me how I would know if I have a track pad?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning and being a member of this
list.

Thanks again,

Mike