NOt at all Zak.

Ok in order to put a status menu up there, you need to give it a certain
window-type.  I don't know if you are/were a jaws user, but using that
screenreader you could get at this type of info under windows.

So the devs are using the correct window-type (as specified by apple) for these
extra menu items.  However this type of window class isn't accessible with VO.
So the workaround, believe it or not, is to use the same type of
window-designation as the standard status menu items; spotlight, volume
control, battery status on laptops etc.  VO detects this type of menu, but not
(as I said earlier) the extra ones.

Cheers,

Dónal

Dónal Fitzpatrick