Hello Dónal,

Yes, of course there are styles in Pages. Press Cmd-Shift-t to open the styles
drawer. There you'll find 3 lists, paragraph styles, list styles and character
styles.

There are 8 hotkeys available to be associated with styles. You only need to be
in the paragraph to apply a style to it using a hotkey.

I recommend setting a hotspot on the paragraph styles so that you can check
which style has been applied to any given paragraph without moving away from
the text area.

You can create your own templates as well, and the hotkeys are stored as part
of the template. By going straight to the My Templates folder in your user
library, you can open Pages by opening a template. This avoids the need to mess
around locating the desired template in the template chooser window.

Cheers,

Anne