Since both IPads 1 and 2 run the same os, there should be no difference in
accessibility between the two devices. But since you note that you are
considering the purchase in upcoming months, which might translate as early
next year, you may want to wait for the IPad 3. I purchased the original IPad
just after the IPad 2 came out and prices on the original model dropped
considerably, enabling me to get the 64 gb version with 3g for the price of the
16 gb version without 3g. That was worth it to me. But with new features coming
in IOS5 and then presumably at some point in the future, with IOS6, at this
point, I can't see purchasing the original model of IPad unless the price is so
attractive that you feel the likely shorter lifespan of the product would be
offset by the price advantage.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com