Hi Courtney,

The location of the Mic on the iPad 2 is at the top center of the device when
you hold it in portrait mode (with the home button at the bottom).  If you feel
along the top edge of the device, there's a very small, rectangular slot just
at the center where the back of the iPad is curving away from the glass --
much, much smaller than the headphone jack at the top left of the iPad 2, which
you'll hit if you run your finger all the way to the top left of the device.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther