HI Kevin,
Many thanks for the attached references to helpful documents on how to use
Google docs.

I finally found some good help and a tutorial on how to use ChromeVox. At first
I did not realise that it is a complete screen reader for the Google Chrome
environment and that you first have to turn VoiceOver off to avoid confusion.
There are a vast number of good shortcut keys to control ChromeVox but one
problem I have not yet solved is the need to keep the ChromeVox keys
Control+Option keys pressed while you tap in turn the two or more keys required
to enter the required ChromeVox keyboard shortcut. I noticed that there is a
sticky key feature which suggested that a double tap of the Insert key would
lock the ChromeVox keys on. However I am not sure which Insert key and I have
not gotten this to work.
Have you solved this problem?
Many thanks.

Paul Hopewell