Hi All,

Since a friend just forwarded to me an email that his wife sent to their son,
telling him to watch the talk he gave at the 2005 Stanford University
Commencement on how to live before you die, and referencing the TED web page
(where this appears as a flash video), I thought some of you might want to
listen to this yourselves.  These are available as both audio and video
podcasts in iTunes U, and I listened to this talk when I downloaded it a few
years ago.

I'll give you the episode links below, but they may wrap, and focus may not go
directly to the old episodes in question.  So the easier way to find these from
iTunes is to use VO-M or Control-F2 to navigate to the menu bar, then press "s
t" to move to the "Store"  menu, then arrow down and press "s" to move to the
"Search…" option and press return.  You'll be switched to the iTunes Store
Power Search page. Bring up item chooser menu (with VO-I) and press "p o w" to
find the Power Search link and press return to navigate there.  Then VO-Right
arrow (or use the Right arrow of QuickNav, or flick right if you are using
Trackpad Commander) to the "All Results" pop-up button, press it (with VO-Space
or by simultaneously pressing the up and down arrow keys if you use QuickNav,
or by double tapping if you use Trackpad Commander), and set the pop up to
"iTunes U" by pressing "i" followed by "Return".  Navigate (VO-Right arrow, or
right arrow in QuickNav mode, or flick right in TrackPad Commander) to the
title text field, VO-Space in the field to activate it for editing, or press
the up and down arrow keys in QuickNav, or double tap in TrackPad Commander.
Then type in "Commencement".  Then navigate past the description text field to
the institution text field, activate that field for editing, and type in
"Stanford" and press "Return" to run the search.  Navigate to the table.  The
first row entry will be the video podcast version of Steve Jobs' 2005
Commencement speech, and the second row entry will be the audio podcast
version.  Navigate to the "Free Episode" button for the podcast and VO-Space to
download the podcast.  If you only want to play it from iTunes, just VO-Space
on the first button of the entry row you want.

The downloaded podcast will be in the "iTunes U" section of your library, so
you have to select it in the sources table, by interacting with the table, then
navigating (e.g. with VO-Down arrow or by typing the first few letters of
"iTunes U") to "iTunes U".  Highlight "iTunes U" by clicking with
VO-Shift-Space. (If you don't have your Mouse Cursor set to follow your
VoiceOver cursor in your VoiceOver Utility navigation settings, you may have to
first  route your Mouse Cursor to your VoiceOver cursor with VO-Command-F5
before clicking to highlight with VO-Shift-Space.)   Then jump to the
associated songs table with VO-Command-T. Navigate to the Commencement series
entry, and highlight it by clicking with VO-Shift-Space. Use Option+Right arrow
to expand the series, then find your episode and start playing by pressing
space bar.  I might first navigate to the search text field (with
Command-Option-F) and type in "Steve Jobs" to limit the displayed entries in
the songs table to matches to that search term.

HTH. It's a very inspirational podcast about how to live and make choices.

Cheers,

Esther