Hi All,

I notice that ExpanDrive is today's MacUpdate promo at half price ($19.95).
This is a GUI-based solution that lets you transfer files to remote machines
that you would SFTP or FTP to and has some slick features, like the ability to
reconnect to the machine when you move your location, which is handy when you
are using a laptop.  It also apparently has been keeping up with the device
interface changes better than OS X Fuse/MacFusion.  MacFUSE is the effort to
support cross-platform file handling. (I used to find some of the MacFUSE
releases buggy or unstable, especially earlier on.  MacFUSE is no longer being
supported as of August 2011 and has been superseded by Fuse4x and OSXFUSE.)

Gordon, I recall that you used ExpanDrive after the version 2 release.  Any
comments about the product now, and specifically about how well it works with
Lion, which I can't check?  It's convenient to have the Finder-like interface
for remotely mounted drives, especially those on non-Mac systems.  However,
since I updated my copy of Panic's Transmit to version 4,  I've been using that
instead; I think it's faster and has more options.  I didn't update my version
1.6 ExpanDrive license for that reason, and I don't know how well it works
under Lion. ExpanDrive has a simpler interface that some may like, and I
understand that some people like the Windows version of ExpanDrive that was
released in July as being very fast on that system.  The present ExpanDrive
license covers both Mac and Windows, so that may be a selling point for some
users.

Any thoughts?  The MacUpdate site has a link to their free trial download at:
http://www.mupromo.com/deal/1643/7024/expandrive

For new users, the MacUpdate promo site does require a one-time negotiation of
a CAPTCHA to set up your account.  Afterwords, you can login to find a record
of your receipts and purchases, and links to the software.  This makes it easy
to find your registration serial number records.  The half-price promo is good
for the next 12 hours.

HTH.  Cheers,