Hi Julie!
Sorry I forgot to say if you haven't got your f1 f2f3 and so on set to be used
as standard you'll need to add fn to control+f2!
To change that setting go to system prefs and select keyboard!
Select the keyboard tab and then scroll right to the use f1 f2 f3 as standard
check box and check it!
After that you'll only need to press control+f2 and so on!
hth Colin