Hi Chris,

I actually have a sighted classmate at university who uses VoiceOVer to read
iBooks. However, I do know that iBooks also has a setting which lets you read
kids books aloud, I believe, but I'm not sure if this extends to all books or
simply depending on the author's permission.

However, it does mean that he knows how to even navigate the phone with
VoiceOver, and though he uses Navigon, he still finds it useful to tap the
directions sometimes in the car.

I'd definitely agree with you that VoiceOver can be a very convenient tool.

Regards,
Nicolai