folks,

I've just returned from the ACM SIG-Access Assets 2011 conference in Dundee.
While the number of papers relevant to this list was reduced, I can report that
there is some outstanding research going on in the mobile/touchscreen domain.

A few things of note:

1.  the best paper was one which described different ways of character input on
iPhones.

2.  One paper that really grabbed me was one in which "support for blind
photography" was described.  A team have produced several apps (one iPhone one
android)which their studies reveal have assisted blind photographers.  Not
available yet but impressive.

There were also the usual way-finding projects .  Some nice ideas here, but
lots of "re-inventing wheels" to be honest.

Unfortunately ACM papers are behind paywalls, and I don't distribute these
things illegally so don't bother asking me to, but thought some of you might
find this synopsis informative.  If anyone wants to do a twitter search, look
for the "#assets11" hashtag.

Best,

Dónal
Dónal Fitzpatrick