The only app I have purchased was the lion upgrade, I've gotten the other apps
from the companies directly, even now, there are requirements that would
prevent many apps from getting approved such as backup programs. With the sand
box requirements, the next step could be that apple decides to only allow the
installation of apps from their app store. Hopefully they will never do that,
if they do, as much as I hate to do it, I will probably go back to windows. If
I purchase a computer, it should be my decision what I install on it.