Hi Sarah,

You're correct that the shortcut to make an alias is Command-L; I think my
brain froze up.  If you use the EasyFind app, you have to have to check the
boxes to Include searches for Package contents and/or Invisible Files &
Folders.  Ignore Case is checked by default (but can be unchecked). Just for a
lark, I tried a search for "intro-sound.mp3" and checked the box for "Package
Contents".  The results came up right away, and I pressed space bar to
QuickLook play this.  I don't know whether you were on this list, or remember
the time last year that either Lyn or James asked where you could find the
sound that gets played when you start up a new Mac computer for the very first
time.  Well, that's a special mix from the track named "Exodus Honey" on the
album "The Day I Turned to Glass" by Honeycut. It was buried deep in the Core
Services section of the System Library under the Setup Assistant contents and
resources. This came right up in the EasyFind search.

> There's also a free utility in the Mac App Store named "EasyFind" by Devon
> Technologies.  You can get it from the Mac App Store at:
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easyfind/id411673888?mt=12

Cheers,

Esther