Hello Carolyn,

You can add Landmarks to your OSX Lion and IOS 5 rotors as follows:

In Lion, go to the VoiceOver Utility / Utility categories / Web / Web Rotor tab
/ Interact with Item Order table and  Check the "Landmarks" item.

In IOS 5, go to Settings / General / Accessibility / Voiceover / Rotor and
double-tap the "Landmarks" item to select it.

I've not yet encountered any ARIA landmarks when surfing the web,at least not
any that were recognized as such by Safari and VO.

HTH,
Bryan
.