ok let's see what we can do here.

first off, voiceover can cut out mid sentence if as an example, another voice
(system clock or announcement) trips the voiceover reading method as the speech
synthesis server is running multiple instances and trips.

Text edit can be the default app for documents you want to use. Here's a user
tip for this.
go to a doc file. VO - SHIFT - M to call up the right click menu, arrow down to
open with, right arrow, this then give you options to open either with the
suggested app or something else compatible with the files, go to "OTHER" this
opens a dialogue to select the app in question. go to text edit, then voiceover
around the window until you find a checkbox saying "make this the default app.
ensure this is checked (VO Space) then OK. done.

TADA.

lol

lew