I thought I would pass along an e-mail from my friend Gary Price, which details recent problems he had with his iPhone and the eventual fix. He also goes into how to fix it yourself should you run into the below problems. I am passing this along since I feel it is important what with how many members on this list, including myself, own an iOS device, such as the iPhone. Anyway, here is the message, copied and pasted from another list.

I recentely had a lot of problems with my second iPhone. Basically I could not delete messages in the messages App, I could not switch to the Updates Tab in the App Store, I could not open my Music App, the pages button in Safari would not activate, and I could not clear the text in the alarm edit field in Clock.

Phoned O2 up who couldn't help me, but they put me through to Apple direct. I spoke to a guy called Dave, who reckond that it was either a memory chip issue or an operating system file had got corrupted.

However it turned out not to be either of these. Went down to Apple today in the Trafford Centre, managed to get an earlier appointment than my arrigional time which was great!

I saw a guy called Gavin. I showed him that I couldn't clear the text in the alarm field, and the Music app decided to open didn't it! But he did notice that Assistive Touch was turned on. He turned this off for me, and ever since all my problems have just literally vanished!

So please please if you are having trouble activating icons or something is not working right with VoiceOver, make sure this Assistive touch is switched off! To switch it off:

1     Go to Settings
2    Open the General part of Settings.
3    Go to Accessibility.
4    Swipe till you hear Assistive touch On.
5    Double tap this to go into it.
6    Swipe to Assistive Touch on and double tap this to turn it off.

Many thanks for reading this Email and I hope this is useful!