Hi Sarah,

I concur with your recommendation of the Unarchiver, but I suggest that people
would be better off getting their software from the MacUpdate site over CNET's
www.downloads.com site:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22774/the-unarchiver

CNET has started bundling malware and, at the very least, unwanted
advertisements with the downloader you have to use for their site.  See the
recent Daring Fireball column by John Gruber for details:
• CNet Is Bundling Open Source Software With Malware (December 6, 2011)
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2011/12/06/cnet-crapware

Cheers,

Esther