Thanks for this, Dónal.  I'll just note that the volumes in the "Missing
Manual" series for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad 2 are all recent releases
that cover iOS 5.  Also, Travis Siegel has previously recommended some of the
volumes from "No Starch Press", and included in the sale titles is also "My New
Mac, Lion Edition" under the "No Starch Press" line, which has a 5-star review.
 The great thing about buying the O'Reilly ebooks is that they are DRM-free,
available in multiple eBook formats so you can read them in iBooks on your iOS
device or on your Mac (or on your Android device, should you have one.)  Also,
you get permanent access to the latest revisions and corrections to the text
through the account you set up, so you can always re-download the most
up-to-date version of the text.

Cheers,

Esther